Friday 25 November 2016

Closing One Chapter And Starting On The Next

Taking a quick intermission from my Japan posting to squeeze this in. I recently made a trip down to Brothers In Fine Food - a new cafe in Tampines - for a solo lunch all in the name of work. It was the first time I actually sat down in a proper cafe/restaurant to have a meal all on my own. I was a bit afraid to do so at first, because on top of dining alone, I had to make sure I got enough photos for the article I was putting together.

But alas, all was well. I had to take photos of the space and the food anyway, but having just a small handful of people at the cafe helped me to not just focus a whole lot more on what I'm doing, but also get better pictures!

Having a meal alone is actually quite satisfying. You get to be with your own thoughts, read a book or go through Snapchat, and just be contented with the me-time that you're getting with yourself. Note to self: try to find the courage to do solo meals more often.



This was probably one of the best steak I've ever had too. I don't have much experience in the steak department, but the beef here was so juicy and soft, and the beetroot pureƩ was amazin' to say the least.

Read more about it here!


In less than a week, I'll also be moving on to a new phase of life. I'm finally setting time aside for myself to work on the personal projects I've always wanted to work on, and start adding some decent work to my portfolio. It has been stagnant as of late, despite my self-reminders to keep working on something new. Time hasn't been on my side, but I think it's a good decision to sit myself down and get started on it now. There isn't much time left to uni enrollment, and if I want to get in, I need to make sure I have what it takes. The real question is: will I ever have what it takes? 

Till the next Jap post!

No comments:

Post a Comment